As part of its mission, PFLMF seeks to engage a varied audience with the ideas, forms, and makers of the art of our time. PFLMF has created and maintains this website in support of its mission. Access to and use of this website including any of its services and content, together with the PFLMF pages on third party hosted sites (collectively, the “Site“) are subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
This Site is intended for and is not designed to attract children under 13 years of age. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the eligibility requirements stated in these Terms. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Protection of Privacy
Modification of the Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the Terms at any time. Please check the Terms periodically for changes. In addition, if our modifications are material, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you electronically. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or we may display a notice on this Site indicating that the Terms have changed. All new and/or amended Terms take effect immediately; provided, however, that if deemed material by us at our sole discretion, such new and/or additional material terms will be marked as such and will take effect 30 days after they are posted on the this Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, (i) no modification to the Terms will apply to any dispute between you and PFLMF that arose prior to the effective date of any modification and (ii) if you do not agree with any modification to the Terms, you may terminate this agreement by ceasing use of the Site. Your continued use of the Site after new and/or revised Terms are effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to those Terms.
Guidelines for Use of the Site
- You agree not to use the Site for any purpose or activity (or to solicit the performance of any activity) that is unlawful or prohibited (including without limitation, the prohibitions in this Section) by the Terms.
- You agree not to use the Site if you do not meet the eligibility requirements described in these Terms.
- You agree not to defame, harass, abuse, threaten, stalk, or defraud users of the Site. You further agree not to collect or attempt to collect personal information about users or third parties without their consent.
- You agree not to intentionally interfere with or damage, impair, or disable the operation of the Site or any user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other malicious code.
- You agree not to remove, circumvent, disable, damage, or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of the Site, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
- You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, or any part of them through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
- Except in connection with indexing the Site for search engines, you shall not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site without our express written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site. You agree not to make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to other users of the Site. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures.
- You agree not to impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
Intellectual Property Rights & Limited Permitted Use of Materials
PFLMF and its licensors are the owners of the Site and its entire contents, features and functionality, including the text, images, marks, data, audio, video, design, codes, and all other content that is posted on this Site, but excluding any Non-PFLMF Content (as defined below) (collectively the “Materials“).
The Materials may be protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. These Terms permit you to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the Materials.
You hereby agree to not modify copies of any materials from this Website, delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Website or access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
As between you and us, you acknowledge and agree that we own all right, title, and interest (including without limitation any and all copyrights, trademarks and service marks, trade dress, design rights, and other intellectual-property and proprietary rights) in and to the Website, as well as our names and trademarks. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the PFLMF.
Nothing in these Term shall prohibit you from: (a) fair use of the Materials as defined by applicable law, (b) using the Materials to the extent such Materials are in the public domain, or (c) personal, educational, and other non-commercial uses of the Materials, on the following terms:
- You must cite the Materials as you would Materials from any printed work. The citation should include the URL in addition to all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials.
- You must comply with all terms or restrictions other than copyright (such as trademark, publicity and privacy rights, or contractual restrictions) as may be specified in the metadata or as may otherwise apply to the Materials.
Information on United States copyright fair use law is available from the United States Copyright Office. Please note that you are responsible for determining whether your use is fair and for responding to any claims that may arise from your use.
We are committed to protecting the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of creative artists and others. PFLMF expressly prohibits the reproduction, distribution, transmission, sale, transfer, creation of derivative works, modification, public display, public performance, or publication of any Materials or Non-PFLMF Content on this Site except as explicitly set forth herein.
If you wish to use any of the Materials or Non-PFLMF Content, you must request and receive prior written permission from us (or other owner of the Materials as applicable) unless such use is explicitly authorized in the Terms. We review all written requests and permission may be granted on a case-by-case basis at our sole discretion. A fee may be involved depending on the type and nature of the proposed use. Photographic and digital images of the works in PFLMF’s collection may be available through PFLMF’s Intellectual Property Associate, whose contact information is listed below; however, permissions must be secured from any third-party rightsholders.
Reproduction of any gallery images © Amaze Studios is prohibited without written authorization.
User Generated Content
- General. We invite users to engage with us by submitting content (such as comments, images, and tags) (“User Content“) to certain areas of our Site, including our blog. While welcoming diverse perspectives and insights, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to delete any User Content that we deem inappropriate at our sole discretion. The following types of User Content are inappropriate and are strictly forbidden: content that infringes, violates, or misappropriates the rights of any other person or third party such as intellectual property rights, publicity rights, or privacy rights; content that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, abusive, or harmful to minors; content that is false or misleading; content that contains viruses, corrupted files, or other materials that may cause damage to another’s computer; advertisements, spam, or other forms of solicitation; content that could violate any law or regulation; content that we otherwise find inappropriate at our sole discretion. We make no representations that your User Content will remain available via the Site in any way. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submission and we are not obligated to refuse, modify, or remove any submission, in whole or in part.
- Grant of Rights. By submitting User Content to us, you hereby grant PFLMF and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable license with the right to grant and authorize sublicenses, to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise exploit your User Content in connection with the Site and PFLMF’s business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter discovered. You grant PFLMF and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Content if they choose. You also agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content. You also hereby grant to each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such User Content as permitted by the functionality of the Site and the Terms.
- Your Representations and Warranties Regarding User Content. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting such User Content. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Content to enable inclusion and use of User Content in the manner contemplated by us and the Terms, and to grant the rights and license set forth in this Section.
- Non-PFLMF Content. You understand that when using the Site you will be exposed to User Content and other third party content (together, the “Non-PFLMF Content“) from a variety of sources. We are under no obligation to monitor the Non-PFLMF Content and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the Non-PFLMF Content nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in the Non-PFLMF Content. If at any time, we choose, at our sole discretion, to monitor the Non-PFLMF Content, we nonetheless assume no responsibility for the Non-PFLMF Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Non-PFLMF Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such Non-PFLMF Content. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It is PFLMF’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Upon receiving notice of a claimed copyright infringement, we will remove the allegedly infringing material under the following procedures, intended to comply with the DMCA.
If you believe that any User Contributions or any other part of the Site infringes your copyright, please provide us with a written notice that includes the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed;
- Identification of the material on the Site that you believe infringes your copyright;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material at issue is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright at issue (or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner);
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Please note that you may be subject to liability under Section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if you materially misrepresent that material on the Site infringes your copyright.
We may give notice to the user who submitted the material in dispute by means of a general notice on the Site or through the use of any e-mail or other contact information that the user may have provided to us. If you receive such a notice, and you believe that material has been mistakenly removed from the Site, you may provide us with a written counter-notice, which must include the following:
- Identification of the material on the Site that was removed, with specific detail to allow us to locate where the material appeared on the Site;
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Please address and send all copyright notices and counter-notices as follows:
Director Museum Operations & Development
305 Drayton Ct. Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Please be aware that PFLMF will promptly terminate without notice any access to the Site if you are determined by PFLMF in its sole discretion to be a “repeat infringer.”
This Site may contain links to third party websites (“Linked Sites“). We are not responsible for any Content on any Linked Site. We provide these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement, sponsorship, or any affiliation with the Linked Sites. Linked Sites are governed by their own terms and policies, which PFLMF encourages you to read, should you chose to visit them.
Warranty and Indemnification
You represent and warrant that your use of the Site will be consistent with the Terms. If you are using the Site or opening an PFLMF online account on behalf of a company, entity, or organization (collectively “Subscribing Organization“), then you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of that Subscribing Organization with the authority to bind such organization to the Terms and agree to be bound by the Terms on behalf of such Subscribing Organization. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold PFLMF harmless from all claims, causes of action, allegations, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), judgments, liabilities, losses, and damages arising from or relating to your use of the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
ACCESS TO AND ALL MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PFLMF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, THE IMPLIED CONDITION OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. PFLMF DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL PROVIDE CONTINUOUS, PROMPT, SECURE, OR ERROR AND MALWARE-FREE SERVICE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND THAT IN NO EVENT WILL PFLMF OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO: (A) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (B) YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE; (C) ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED THROUGH USE OF THE SITE; OR (D) ANY GOODS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON THE SITE; EVEN IF PFLMF OR ANY RELATED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER PROVISIONS OF THE TERMS, PFLMF IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO USER FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS WHICH ARISES IN ANY WAY (INCLUDING IN NEGLIGENCE) OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SITE OR MATERIALS, PFLMF’S LIABILITY SHALL (SAVE AS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW) IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (1) THE TOTAL OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY USER TO PFLMF IN RELATION TO THE PART OF THE SITE OR MATERIALS TO WHICH THE CLAIM RELATES IN THE SIX MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE INITIAL CLAIM, OR (2) US $100.00.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or us as set out below. Your right to access and use the Site terminates automatically upon your breach of any of the Terms.
We may, at any time: (a) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to any of the Site for any reason; (b) modify or change the Site for any reason; (c) interrupt the operation of the Site for any reason, all as we deem appropriate at our sole discretion.
Your access to, and use of, the Site may be terminated by you or by us at any time and for any reason. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance about any material modification, suspension, or termination by us that is not caused by your breach of the Terms.
Upon termination of the Terms, any provision which, by its nature or express terms should survive, will survive such termination or expiration. Any license to User Content granted by you herein shall continue in effect subject to the terms of the applicable license.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
The Terms express the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous communications and agreements, written or oral, regarding this Site. If any provision of the Terms or portion thereof is held invalid or unenforceable, such provision or portion thereof shall be deemed severed, and the remainder of the Terms shall remain in full force and effect. The failure by PFLMF to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of the Terms by you or others will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of PFLMF. The Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be assigned or transferred by you, but may be assigned by PFLMF without restriction. Any assignment attempted to be made in violation of the Terms shall be void. Section headings used in this document are for convenience only and do not have any legal effect.
For questions, inquiries, or correspondence, please contact us using our contact form on our visit us page.Last updated: January 18, 2017 at 23:39 pm